Fi was invited to become a Director of the MDHUB in 2008 after working as a facilitator with the organisation since 2004. She was appointed MD in January 2015.
Fi has a passion for working with entrepreneurs and assisting them in exceeding their own potential and that of their teams.
Working with the members of the MDHUB continues to be an on going source of inspiration with daily examples of how business owners think around, over and above the every day challenges of running a business especially during the current global trading conditions.
Taking the MDHUB from a government funded organisation to a stand alone, privately run business at the start of the recession with Phil Green has often been worthy of its very own workgroup - not working with Phil - but the actual journey we have been on to make the business profitable and free standing.
Fi has the same belief today in the extraordinary value that peer to peer learning has to offer as she did after attending her very first workgroup 8 years ago.
Fi is also Managing Director of Omega Blue (www.omegablue.co.uk), a business and communications consultancy, which works with companies to achieve outstanding excellence within their industry sector in both the Corporate and SME markets.
Following an 18 year career in business management in the recruitment industry and latterly as a senior adviser with the Business Link network, Fiona established her own consultancy Omega Blue in 2002. As winner of the DTI’s Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative for Business Advice for England in 2002, Fiona has continued to work as an adviser accredited to SFEDI and the Institute of Leadership and Management, alongside her work with the MDHUB.
Career highlights to date have included:
- Leaving behind the world of local government and entering the real world.
- A client asking me if “I was going to be wearing my special money lending glasses" for a meeting with a particularly obnoxious bank manager (it was a successful meeting by the way).
- Working with very talented and honest people who by sticking to their principles and never, ever wavering from what they were good at and believe in have gone on to be international award winning, profitable businesses with satisfied and happy business owners.
- Waiting for a workgroup to start and a very good looking man appearing in the same room in nothing but his underpants. Fair to say, wrong time and wrong place for both of us.
- And above all, being lucky enough to work with brilliant people in a job that I love.
Working with Fiona as my mentor, I have an impartial sounding board for working through and revising where needs be my personal and business objectives to achieve the desired balance in my life. Fiona also assists with strategic direction and for rehearsing presentations and business pitches - providing balanced and impartial feedback whilst instilling confidence. Working with Fiona is constructive, stretching and... fun!
Cass Executive Education
Cass City Business School