How much will it cost per session in-house ?
Leadership & Management Training
For those of you looking to support your management teams to become more effective in their roles, our range of bite-sized Academy sessions provide the skills needed to develop staff and reinvigorate your business.
Our courses, which can be run on or off-site and last for between 2 and 3 hours, cover the whole spectrum of business training but we can also devise and tailor a course specifically to meet your needs so if you can't see what you are looking for from the selection below, please get in touch.
How long do the in-house courses run for?
Between two and three hours
A two hour session is £400 for Members (£550 Non members) plus VAT
A three hour session is £500 for Members (£650 Non members) plus VAT
How many people per session can attend in-house?
A minimum of four and a maximum of 10 people.
- What is your management style?
- Management v leadership.
- Situational Leadership.
- Management for these times.
- What is performance management and why is it important?
- What does an effective manager do to ensure that people deliver their best work?
- Self assess individual current competency/capability and identify gaps to work on.
- A look at how coaching can help improve performance management.
- Identify how you spend and where you focus your time at work
- Review of models that can be used to help manage time more effectively.
- The importance of delegation and how it can create more time.
- Learn about energy management.
Managing Personal Performance / Effectiveness
- How effective are you?
- Importance of Work life /balance
- Fixed or Growth mind set
- Goal setting
- How to focus your attention to achieve the best results
Handling Difficult Situations
- How to communicate effectively.
- Awareness of the games that people play.
- Social styles.
- How to avoid conflict.
- Body language.
The Power of saying “ No”
- What is assertiveness?
- What prevents us being assertive?
- Understanding the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive states.
- Learning how to say No!
An Introduction to Workplace Mediation
- Recognise and understand conflict in the workplace.
- Stages of conflict escalation.
- Learn about different conflict styles.
- Understand the importance and benefits of mediation.
Leading with Energy
- Importance of Work life/balance
- An introduction to mindfulness
- Managing personal stress levels and boosting energy
- Building resilience and managing change
The Appraisal Process – Part 1
- Understanding why Appraisals are important
- The Benefits of Appraisals
- Your current process – what works well and what can be improved upon
- Linking Appraisals with the overall Business Objectives
The Appraisal Process – Part 2
- Planning for successful appraisals
- The Appraisal Interview
- Appraisal questions
- Delivering Constructive feedback
WIN WIN negotiating skills & techniques – Part 1
- Learning to become more persuasive.
- Effective negotiating skills & techniques.
- Developing an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation o Knowing when and when not to negotiate
- Negotiating face-to-face, on the phone, and through e-mail
- Value of social media for business.
- Which platform?
- Practicalities - organising accounts, setting up profiles, gaining followers, managing accounts.
- Content management - what to post, when and where, time saving tips.
- Analytics - statistics and analysis to determine value.
Social Media Follow Up
- Analysis of content posted / followers and engagement.
- Content calendar - planning future social media campaigns.
- Practical time to discuss issues over usage from previous month.
Negotiation practices for buyers – Part 2
(Deliveries, contracts, terms of payments margins and price).
- Understanding your suppliers.
- Getting the most from your suppliers by negotiating a win win outcome.
- Negotiating price, order values, deliveries & terms of payment
- Achieving target margins & markup through effective negotiation.
- Meeting departmental objectives by focusing on planning rather than tactic.
Business Planning refresher day
- Why do I need to update my plan?
- What should go in it and why?
- Reviewing my objectives and why I am in business?
- Revising my cash flow to manage my business.
A Gentle Introduction to Finance
- How to read a set of accounts.
- Financial forecasting.
- Working with cost and budget.
- Managing cashflow.